Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Walgreens shopping trip this week...

As promised, here is how I am spending my Walgreens RRs.

I had 2 RRs that were expiring on Sunday worth $7.50, so I made a quick trip to Walgreens. I know I just recently said that my target price for toothpaste is free and it is, but since the RR deals this week are lacking, I went ahead and purchased 2 for $.25 each to get more RRs for future use. As you can see, it was not a very exciting shopping trip for me.

Not pictured is the newspaper I bought for $1.50 since my subscription just expired and I haven't yet renewed. It isn't pictured because when I got home and realized I spend $1.50 for a newspaper that had ZERO inserts in it, I was mad and threw it into the recycling bin right away!

It wasn't a very "thrifty" trip to Walgreens but I was super excited to get a killer deal on the Burt's Bees Sunscreen. It retails for around $15 a bottle and I got it on clearance for $3.XX. Sunscreen is something I don't do thriftily because I feel like it is important to not be putting chemicals onto and into my kiddos bodies. Natural sunscreens are super expensive, so I was really pumped about getting such a great deal!

Here's what I did...
Transaction 1:
Colgate Total - $2.99
Newspaper - $1.50

Used $.75/1 Colgate coupon and
$2.50 RR
Cost = $1.49 including tax, got back $2 RR

Transaction 2:
Colgate Total - $2.99
Burt's Bee's Sunscreen - $3.79

Used $.75/1 Colgate coupon and
$5 RR
Cost = $1.54 including tax, got back $2 RR

I used a Walgreens gift card that I still have some money left on, so I spent $0 oop (out of pocket).

I now have a whopping $4 of RR to work on rolling for future deals. Hopefully my next Walgreens shopping trip is a little bit more exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I need to do the same thing with a $4RR. That is super exciting on the Burt's Bees considering I spend almost 20 bucks on unscented sunscreen from California Baby! I may have just finally found my Walgreen's scenario this week!

    ReplyDelete