Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

My Safeway Shopping Trip Yesterday...

Here is what I got...
2 boxes of Fruity Pebbles - will be donated!
2 boxes of Honey Bunch of Oats
1 box Raisin Bran
5 boxes of Fruit Snacks
5 bags of Nature Valley Nut Clusters
5 bottles of Marie's dressing
2 boxes of Barilla Piccolini Pasta

Total Spent after coupons and instant discounts with their sales = $8.71.  Total saved = $64.83 or 89%!!  I also received $6.50 in catalinas good toward my next shopping trip.  I should have received $7.50 in catalinas but I bought the wrong Raisin Bran - see even us experienced couponers make mistakes!

Highlights of the trip...
FREE Marie's Dressings
FREE Barilla Piccolini Pasta
$.50 per bag Nut Clusters
Getting PAID to buy the fruit snacks.

In case you missed the fruit snack deal, if you buy 5 participating fruit snacks, you get a $3.50 catalina good on your next purchase.  The fruit snacks are on sale for $1 per box after the $5 instant discount when you buy 5.  I used 2, $.50/2 coupons that doubled, so I saved $2.  I spent $3 to get the 5 boxes and then got a $3.50 catalina. 

The beautiful thing about this catalina is that it is good on your next shopping trip, not just good towards buying more of the same product, so you could buy milk or whatever your little heart desires with it (although it does exclude a few things like prescriptions).  You can do this deal over and over if you want to, just make sure you do in increments of 5 and in separate transactions!  Go here for the links to get the printable coupons for this deal.

I should be heading to King Soopers and back to Safeway to stock up on a few more things and I'll keep you posted as to how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment