Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My last Safeway & King Soopers trips this week...

As promised I wanted to update you on my last big shopping trips for the great sales that were going on this past week.  I packed the little ones up and headed out to shop.  This is what I ended up with...

(Not Pictured: 1 Izze - I was thirsty, 1 can of black beans and 1 bag of salad - We ate them for dinner before I took this picture.)

What I got...
4 boxes of Kix
3 boxes Quaker Oat Squares
2 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats
1 box Raisin Bran
1 box Fruity Pebbles
1 box Cocoa Pebbles
22 boxes fruit snacks
6 bags Nature Valley Nut Clusters
4 bags Steamers Veggies
6 bags Chex Mix
6 bottles Marie's Salad Dressing
4 bags Salad Mix
3 boxes Barilla Whole Grain Pasta
2 packs of Mission Caseras Tortillas
2 Izze's
1 box Matzo Ball Soup (I didn't even have a coupon for this!)

Total Cost (drum roll please...) = $23.03!!!! That was without getting one of my buy 5 get $5 discounts, so my total should have been $5 lower at $18.03 and of that total over $3 was tax alone!  I saved a total of $178.50 off of regular retail so about 88%!  I also still have $7.50 in catalinas to use after buying all of this food.  Can you believe that?  I've been couponing a while and still was surprised when I saw these numbers.  These sales are a great example of how much you can save when you pair a sale with a coupon and also have some catalina promotions going along too!

The beautiful thing about getting all of this stuff is that I now have tons of stuff to donate to the food bank.  It is a great idea to pick up things that are free and set them aside for the food bank.  I do this all of the time with items my family doesn't eat or use that I can get for free.  It is a great way to be able to give something without having a huge out of pocket expense.

Did you have any great deals this past week?

1 comment:

  1. That is just awesome! I saved 81 percent at King Soopers...even the cashier was excited for me! I love your idea of donating to the food banks when things are free or close to free. I met a woman at Safeway who was doing to same thing with cereal because she said she didn't need five boxes!

    ReplyDelete