Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

Wanna see what I got for free?


Thanks to Swagbucks I got the above cast iron skillet completely FREE! I redeemed some of my Amazon gift cards I earned through Swagbucks to get it for nothing out of pocket - including shipping! The best part about the Amazon gift cards you can earn through Swagbucks is that you can stack them to order a more expensive items to save as much money as you can out of pocket.

I know I keep talking about Swagbucks, but it is only because it is super easy and you can earn completely FREE stuff for doing what you already do. Get rewarded for searching the internet!

Today is also Mega Swag Buck Friday which means the odds are better that you will get larger value swagbucks when searching which also means you can get rewards faster!

I am in the process of getting rid of all of my non-stick cookware due to health concerns I have about the Teflon and other non-stick coatings used on them and wanted to try cast iron out. Cast iron is a thrifty cooking option as these pans are not that expensive, the skillet above was only $18.97 on Amazon for the 12" version and it comes pre-seasoned. They are also pretty easy to care for and will last forever if cared for correctly.

I've cooked in it a couple of times and am LOVING it so far. My next purchase is probably going to be a cast iron dutch oven.

For more information on Swagbucks, see my post here. If you want to sign up for a Swagbucks account, go here.

2 comments:

  1. I love cast-iron! Just keep in mind if you have a glass-top stove, cast-iron will scratch it up. While house hunting, we noticed that most 10-15 year old houses in Colorado have these stoves. Not sure why, but the sheer abundance of them made me want to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swagbucks is great! I'm hoping to get enough bucks to buy most of our Christmas presents through Amazon...which is what we do normally since we have everything shipped!

    And yes, cast iron skillets do last forever. We have five of them that my MIL used when my hubs was just a kid. She passed them on to us, and we use them all the time. We never use soap on them; they are still super easy to clean; and we season them ever so often!!!! Congrats on your awesome freebie.

    Thanks so much for introducing me to Swagbucks!!!

    ReplyDelete