Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Friday, April 23, 2010

Rain checks are your friend!


When a store is out of a product, which can happen frequently with good sales, make sure to ask for a rain check. Rain checks are usually good for one month from the date of issue and get you the sale price once the item comes back into stock.

Last week I was at King Soopers and they were out of blackberries. When I checked out the cashier informed me that they were subbing organic blackberries for the same price. To my disappointment they were also out of organic ones, so I got a rain check instead. The beautiful thing is that Sprouts had blackberries on sale as well last week so I was still able to get blackberries for a good price and I now have a rain check to use to get the good price at King Soopers within the next month. I don't have to pay $4.99 a container, I can use my rain check to get them for $1!

Rain checks can also be good when you need some time to get more coupons. If your store is out of stock ask for a rain check and you just bought yourself another month to get the coupons you want to use with that sale.

Do you regularly ask for rain checks if items are out of stock? If not, get in the habit and save yourself some more money!

3 comments:

  1. I have never asked for a rain check. Do they work at WAGS on RR deals? If I don't get to mine on a Sunday, they are usually out of all the "hot" deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen - Rainchecks at WAGS with RRs really depend on the manager. If you are lucky, you'll get a manager who will write it for the price after RRs. Most of the time they won't and will only write it for the sale price. I rarely get rainchecks at WAGS, I mostly get them at the grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips on Rain checks and the heads up about WAGS!

    ReplyDelete