Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My last shopping trip for King Soopers Mega Event

I wanted to post another picture and show you what you can do once you start couponing and stockpiling. Let's get motivated! Total cost before coupons/store savings = $107.36. Total cost after coupons = $20.22 - that is a savings of $87.17 or 82% of the bill!!

Here's what I got:
2 Dreyer's Ice Cream
4 Mission Tortillas
2 Kraft Cheese
2 Chex Mix
2 Goldfish Crackers
2 Nestle Cookie Dough
3 Green Giant Steamers
2 Quaker Rice Cakes
6 Hormel Chili Master Chili's
4 Quaker Granola Bars
6 cans of Rotel
9 cans of Hunts Diced Tomatoes
1/2 gallon ORGANIC Milk

I literally was paid to buy the Goldfish and Hormel Chili because of overage with the coupons. They don't hand you back money, but the overage can be used to help "pay" for your other items.

You will again notice that I don't have any produce and the only veggies are 3 frozen Green Giant Steamers. I do most of my fresh produce, veggie and meat shopping at Sprouts and because I have previously stocked up on good meat sales, I haven't purchased any meat in the last month!

How are you doing getting started couponing? Let me know if you had any great shopping trips this week!

3 comments:

  1. It's going pretty well. Thanks to your Safeway list, I purchased EIGHT boxes of Cheerios from mix-n-match-four for 1.00...not apiece but for ALL of them. That's 12.5 cents a box.

    I took advantage of the KS sales too and got a lot of the same deals you did.

    Thanks again for all your help. The Grocery Game missed the Cheerios sale as Safeway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were your coupons from Sunday flyers, internet or both? If both, was it mainly from one source or split fairly evenly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thriftymomincoloradoFebruary 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM

    My coupons were both Sunday paper ones and printable ones. This trip consisted of more printed ones than ones from the newspaper.

    ReplyDelete