Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter clearance find that turned into a project!

So I'm really not a very crafty kind of person but I was at Target this last weekend and to my surprise they still had some Easter stuff on clearance for 90% off. I found these super cute wicker Easter baskets for only $.99 each!


Since we didn't need anymore actual Easter baskets, I decided to try and make some storage baskets out of them for around the house. You know, for things like magazines, stuff on top of my daughters dresser and other miscellaneous things that need a home around our house.

I had my husband use some clippers and we removed the handle and viola - a super cute storage basket. These baskets were super cheap compared to similar storage baskets (some sell for $10 - $20 a piece!).


At some point down the line I may decide to paint these baskets so that they match our house better and might even make some new cloth liners for the ones for my daughters room from material left over from the quilt my mom and grandma made for her

Sometimes you just need to think outside of the box to come up with things to do with great deals you come across.

Not only did we score these great baskets, but we also found packs of 15 plastic Easter eggs for $.07 each and the egg dye kits that come with the cups for $.14 a piece!

Have you scored any great Easter or other clearance deals recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment