Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Newspaper Subscription...


If you currently do not have a subscription to the newspaper, I highly encourage you to answer your door if there is a knock at it this time of year. Lots of young adults are out trying to make some extra money selling newspaper subscriptions.

I just renewed by Sunday subscription to the newspaper with a young man who asked if I would be interested in helping him raise money for his college education. I told him to tell me more, what I was really looking for was the price. I ended up getting 20 weeks of the Denver Post, Sunday only for $21.90, which works out to only $1.10/week - $.40 cheaper than buying a paper at the store each week and I don't have to remember to make a trip to buy it every Sunday.

My subscription also came with a gift from the Denver Post of 2 tickets for an upcoming Rockies game. The seats aren't great, but they were FREE!! I was really happy I didn't renew my subscription last week when I called them about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment