Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Sunday, May 2, 2010

My goal for May...


I was so excited about exceeding my goal for April that I thought I should challenge myself again and came up with a new goal for May. My new goal will encompass not just my grocery budget, but all of my spending that is not an actual scheduled bill.

In May, I will be taking out $275 cash and only using cash on everything that I purchase! The $275 will cover: any groceries, meals out, shopping I do (whether it is Walgreens, any other store or online - if it is online, I will use my credit card, but subtract the amount from my cash), gas; pretty much everything - like I said it is to cover anything and everything that isn't a regularly scheduled bill in our house.

I tend to spend more money when I use my credit card. Even small trips to Target tend to add up, which is why I have been trying to limit the number of times I go there - I can almost always find some great deals! I've done the cash only method before and think that it actually makes me think about spending the money more than I do if I am just swiping a card.

I'll update you throughout the month on my progress and we'll see where I end up at the end of the month.

I think setting goals in life is super important, whether they are financially related or any other goals.

Do you have any goals for May? If you are comfortable, share them with us - whether they are thrifty related or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment