Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Saturday, May 1, 2010

April Goal - The Final Tally...

I wanted to post the final tally of my April goal of spending $100 on food for the month. I had previously spent a total of $66.63 on food through my last post on this topic which was on Sunday. This week I only made one quick trip to the store for some milk and a little bit of produce and spent $14.72, making my grand total spent on food for the month... $81.35!!

I came in under my goal by almost $20 - WOO HOO! I even splurged a few times when shopping and bought things we really didn't need and that weren't that great of deals. I was happy to achieve this goal, but have to say my freezers really don't look that much emptier. I'm beginning to wonder how long I could truly go eating away our freezer stockpile, but think I'll continue to slowly add to it when there are killer sales.

Most of the money I spent this month was on milk and fruit and veggies, so spending only $81.35 was s pretty big accomplishment. We always have lots of fresh fruit and veggies in our house and they usually take up a pretty large part of our grocery budget as I try to feed us as few processed foods as possible. I also don't feed my family items with high fructose corn syrup, so that limits a lot of choices on food.

I have a new goal for May that I'll post about tomorrow, so stay tuned!

How did your goals for April turn out?

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you! I think I need to be more realistic with my goals so I can reach them :)

    ReplyDelete