Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Thursday, September 30, 2010

An idea to "roll" your RRs at Walgreens this week...


Just wanted to post how I started rolling my RRs this week at Walgreens.

Transaction #1
Hyland’s Cold ‘n Cough for Kids (4 oz.) $4.99
Use $1.50/1 printable that was previously available and is no longer!
Cost = $3.49 + tax, get $5 RR

Transaction #2
Emergen-C Vitamin C supplement (10 packets) $3.49
Fullbar Fit Appetite Control Bar $1.99
Use $5 RR from Transaction #1
Cost = $.48 + taxm get $3.50 RR and $2 RR

Transaction #3

Hyland's Cold 'n Cough for Kids (4 oz.) $4.99
small filler item of $.51 or more - they have Russel Stover halloween pumpkin chocolates for $.59
Use $3.50 RR and $2 RR from Transaction #2
Cost = tax only if you can find a $.51 filler or if you use the Russel Stover chocolate you would spend $.08 + tax, get $5 RR

Then you could do transaction #2 again and use the $5 RR from above and keep rolling these deals back and forth. I usually only do two transactions at a time so that I am not a big pain in the behind for the cashiers.

I know I don't need that much cough syrup so I will be donating some of mine. I do need a ton of the Emergen-C packets and rolling the RRs back and forth makes it cheaper than just getting the Emergen-C.

Have you come up with a great scenario for rolling your RRs this week? If so, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment