Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Recap of my May goal...


I have to admit I failed on my May goal. I ended up going over my goal of spending $275 on everything besides bills that are already set in stone. I spent $60 on presents for teachers and family that I really wasn't thinking about when I set my goal. I also had to fill up each of the cars with gas twice, which isn't normal for us - we usually only go through one tank per car a month.

I also headed out to Old Navy for their 50% additional off clearance items, which is always bad news on the budget for me, but I got some great deals - like short sleeved polos for my son for less than $2 each and licensed Broncos t-shirts for my husband for only $3 - he was super excited!

Needless to say, I went over budget this month but will set more goals for our family in the near future.

Do you have any goals for June? They can be money related or not! Good luck and you get to start fresh with a new month!

2 comments:

  1. Since our electric company is now doing tiered pricing, we learned from past bills that we need to cut our electric usage by about 5 Kw/hr a day to stay in the first tier of pricing. This is my goal for June. I no longer will be using the dryer at all and am searching for a retractable clothesline.

    My non-financial goal this month is to lose 5 of the 10 pounds I have left to go to reach my weight loss goal...and then reassess my ultimate goal from there :)

    ReplyDelete