Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Some of my shopping trips...

Just wanted to give you a peek into my shopping trips, as I haven't done this in awhile. I have been taking advantage of the great deals at King Soopers this week. I also made a quick trip to Walgreens to use up a RR about to expire. Here's what I got at Walgreens...
7 Always Pads, used FREE catalina coupons from buying U by Kotex a few weeks ago
1 Colgate Total Toothpaste, used $1/1 Colgate coupon
1 Old El Paso Taco Shells
1 Highlighter
My total after coupons was $2.19 all of which was TAX! And I received a $3.50 RR for buying the toothpaste!! Retail cost = $37.19.

At King Soopers I've been breaking most of my shopping into 2 transactions so I can stock up on cheese and maximize my savings. This is what I got in transaction #1...
1 L'Oreal Kids Shampoo , used $.75/1 coupon
3 Danon Dan-o-nino Yogurts, used 3, $1/1 coupons
8 Boca Products, used 4, $1/2 coupons
1 Aquafresh Toothpaste, used $1/1 coupon
2 Spaghettios, used $.50/2 coupon
5 Kraft Cheeses, used 2, $1/2 blinkies
1 Chavrie Goat Cheese, used FREE coupon I had
I also used a $5 Kraft catalina I had from a previous purchase and a $1.50 Dan-o-nino catalina I also had from a previous purchase.
Total spent = $18.34, $1.67 was tax. Retail cost was $72.56, so I saved 76%. I got back another $5 Kraft catalina coupon and another $1.50 Dan-o-nino catalina coupon.

Here is transaction #2...
1 Dr. Pepper 2 Liter, used $.55/1 peelies found on the bottles
4 Motrin PMs, used 4 $3/1 coupons
5 Kraft Cheeses, used 2, $1/2 blinkies
3 Crest Toothpastes, used 3, $.50/1 coupons
I also used the $5 Kraft catalina I got from my first purchase.
Total spent $1.44 of which $1.25 was TAX! Retail cost was $44.18, so I saved 99%! Plus, I got back another $5 Kraft catalina coupon!

Here's everything I got...
Here's the final count on what I got...
10 Kraft Cheeses
8 Boca Products
7 Always Pads
4 Motrin PMs
3 Crest Toothpastes
3 Danon Dan-o-nino Yogurts
2 Spaghettios
1 Chavrie Goat Cheese
1 Colgate Toothpaste
1 Aguafresh Kids Toothpaste
1 L'Oreal Kids Shampoo
1 Old El Paso Taco Shells
1 Dr. Pepper 2 Liter
1 Highlighter

Total spent = $21.97 I still have a $5 Kraft catalina coupon and a $1.50 Dan-o-nino catalina coupon to use on another purchase. Total retail for everything above = $153.93!! I saved a total of 86% and will be donating plenty of the products to our local foodbank.

You NEED to start couponing if you haven't already! It really can save you tons of money and allows you to be able to help out others too! If I can get items for FREE, even if I don't use them I get them and donate them to a local foodbank or shelter. Now that I coupon, I can donate more than I ever have and spend way less money doing it!

How is your shopping going this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have been super thrilled with KS this week! I'm heading back tomorrow to do more stocking up on cheese with my 11 dollars in catalinas! They also have some chicken breasts on sale for 1.99 a pound that I think I'll get more of! Thanks so much for finding those "hard to find" coupons for free stuff!

    ReplyDelete