Welcome!

If you are brand new to couponing and just visiting this blog you can start at the Coupons 101 - Overview to get a start on the how to's of couponing.

Always, feel free to contact me at thriftymomincolorado@gmail.com

Monday, February 1, 2010

Walgreens Tips

A couple of quick things I like to do when shopping at Walgreens. I always like to write my plan down when I'm going to do several transactions with coupons. It prevents me from getting confused when I'm in the store and messing any of them up. I write down what I plan to buy and what coupons I will be using, sometimes I even write down approximate cost so I know what is going to happen in each transaction.

Before I get to the register, I like to get everything in order. I group together the items I intend to buy together for each transaction and get my coupons organized. This prevents me from mixing things up or getting flustered when people are behind me in line. If a line starts to form behind me and I plan on doing a few transactions, I tell the cashier to take care of the other people so that I don't hold up the line. My whole goal is to remain as low key and low maintenance as possible. If you plan to shop at the same store a lot, then you don't want to be thought of as the high maintenance couponer!

I also like to write on the RRs I receive which product they are from. It keeps me from accidentally using the wrong one on a purchase and then not receiving a new one. Also, when I have multiple RRs waiting to be spent, I put them in order from the ones expiring soonest on top to the later ones, to try and prevent me from letting one expire and wasting my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment